an Education and Career
in health care!
Paramedics and EMTs are first-responders whose fast arrival time, competent care, and ability to act can quickly make the difference between life and death for their patients.
What you would do: Paramedics and EMTs assess and triage patients, administer emergency medical care.
Where you would work: Paramedics and EMTs often work in physically stressing environments. They work for local emergency services, and for private hospital services in rural counties. They also serve as volunteers.
What you could earn: The median pay for paramedics and EMTs in Nebraska is $14.25/hour or $29,643 annually. Pay is commensurate with experience and full benefits are given for full-time employees.
School Program Links
- Central Community College - Paramedicine
- Central Community College - EMT
- Mid-Plains Community College- Paramedicine
- Mid-Plains Community College- EMT/EMS
- Northeast Community College - Paramedicine
- Southeast Community College - Paramedicine
Want more information? Visit the Department of Labor for more information on job growth, payment, duties, and important skills and abilities.
All statistics gathered from the Department of Labor.